Client Care – how we look after you
Summary of our client care obligations
Ashton Legal is subject to the Client Care requirements set out by the New Zealand Law Society.
Our client care obligations mean that when providing legal services we must:
- act competently, in a timely way, and in accordance with any arrangements made.
- protect and promote our clients’ interests and act for them free from compromising influences or loyalties.
- discuss with our clients their objectives and how they should best be achieved.
- provide our clients with information about the work to be done, who will do it and the way the services will be provided.
- charge our clients a fee that is fair and reasonable and let them know when they will be billed.
- give our clients clear information and advice.
- protect our clients’ privacy and ensure appropriate confidentiality.
- treat our clients fairly, respectfully and without discrimination.
- keep our clients informed about the work being done and advise you when it is completed.
- let our clients know how to make a complaint and deal with any complaint promptly and fairly.
Terms of Engagement
We provide our services subject to the Ashton Legal Terms of Engagement.
Suggestions and Complaints
We want to provide the best possible service to our clients. If you have any suggestions or concerns we encourage you to let us know at the earliest opportunity. We also have a Complaint Handling Procedure to help resolve complaints.