School Board of Trustee discipline hearings can have a huge downstream effect on the education of a child. School Boards have the power to decide whether a child stays in school. The reality is that youthful mistakes can have long lasting educational consequences.
School Boards are usually made up of hard working parents who don’t have time to fully investigate every last detail of the case. We make sure that all the right facts and circumstances are put to the School Board to get the best outcome for your child.
We will give you the right advice and representation to make sure:
- The School Board does its job under the Education Act 1989
- The School Board gets the full story before making a decision
- That any decision of the School Board is fair and lawful
- Punishments are reasonable compared to alleged misbehaviour
- Expulsion is used only as a last resort